A customer persona is a semi-fictional versions of your most passionate user. Think of it as someone who is a power user of your product, will talk about it to their friends and family without an incentive and (Add two more examples of customer personas). Start this process only once there is some form of validation of your idea.
- It will help drive messaging for all your marketing activities. Ex: What should your testimonials on your site look like, what should your ad copy be, where should you sending these messages, where should you be talking to your customers.
- It will help you identify the marketing channels
- Scenario 1 [Just starting off, no data about user] Create a hypothesis. I believe my customer type has these facts, pain, behavior and goals and start off with your first persona.
- Scenario 2: We have engaged users/paying users. Analyze your most active users, look up their social profiles and use that as data to create personas. These are also synonymous with your buyer personas.
- Use xtensio.com/user-persona to build personas or this google template
- List down
- Age: How old are they?
- Type of work
- Other facts related to the space
- Pain/Frustration: What is their pain point that you will help solve
- Behavior: Existing behavior they exhibit now because they don’t have your solution. It will also contain attribute scale and personality type
- Goals: What goals are they trying to accomplish that your solution them achieve?
- Brands/Apps: It should be an indication of the brands they use/prefer that we can create partnerships with in the future
- Quote: A message they would use to describe their current problem or a potential solution.
- Create multiple customer personas:
- Each business will have more than 1 customer type. Think of as many customer types and create those personas. Most businesses have at least 3-5 personas
- Create messaging for personas:
- Each persona needs to be targeted a certain way.
- Come up with at least 5-6 branding messages for each of these personas.
- They can be used for your marketing channels as well as testimonials on your platform.
- Find them offline/online: Once we have created these persona types, brainstorm where we can find them online/offline. List down which groups on facebook, LinkedIn, which quora topics to answer, which twitter handles to target, which blogs to go after.
- Target them on the channels identified.
- Use the messages that we have come up
- Measure conversions based on each messaging
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- The Fascination of FusionCharts : Charting their Marketing Growth. - December 6, 2018
- How To Get A Digital Marketing Job? -Tips and Tricks - September 27, 2018
- How To Use Twitter For Business Checklist? - September 20, 2018