- Lean Canvas Put your business plan on 1 page. Free for limited features
- Xtensio (Startup kit): Competitive analysis + BM generator + SWOT: Free for 1 folio
- Bizplan: Guided Business Plan Creator. Free 7 day trial
Competitor Landscape (Finding your competitors)
- CB Insights: VC & Angel Database. Sign up for their email list
- CrunchBase: Overall landscape of companies around the world
- Alternativeto.net: Find alternatives of your product. Good for referral traffic
- Capterra: Find competitors based on industry and keywords. Try ranking for this platform if possible.
- SoftwareAdvice.com: Like Capterra but more tech
- Owler.com: Find Information of companies in the same field.
- Tracxn: Curated Startup profiles, Sector Landscapes. Email required to view details.
- AdBeat: See all ads of competitors. 30 day free trial. $99/month after.
- Moat: FREE ad search tool. Find what ads your competitors used recently
- KeywordSpy: Find competitors AdWords spend. Free trial, then $89.95/month
- SEMRush: Monitor competitor’s SEM+ long tail keywords + SEO tools. $49.95/month
- SpyFu: Analysis of Adwords, keywords used. Perfect for seeing Adwords spend.
- AHRefs.com: Most comprehensive tool but expensive. For SEO (back links, KW’s, Content everything)
- Marketing Grader: Assesses sites and gives them an overall score. FREE.
- SimilarWeb: Traffic, channels used and referral sites – Recommended Chrome Plugin.
- Ghostery: Tells you which tools your competitors are using. You could basically use similar tools.
- Whitespark Local Citation Finder: Where are the competitors listing themselves?
- Competera.net: AI based tool to track competitors pricing.
- Canva: Design info graphics, social media ads easily. Tool for marketers. FREE. (Recommended)
- PicMonkey: Basic editing, enhanced/advanced effects
- 99designs.com: Hire people for logo creation
- Flowchartmaker: Lucid charts for easier prototyping.
- Adioma: For infographics. So simple but a paid version. Great for timelines.
- Upwork: Maybe one of the largest marketplaces in the world for writers. Try this first.
- Freelancer: Freelancers services across the board.
- Fiverr: Hire freelancers for $5 (*by the hour) and upwards.
- Truelancer: Similar to Freelancer. Hire Freelancers across different categories.
- HIRING PREMIUM WRITERS & COPYWRITERS
- Ebyline: Hire expert writers > 5 years of experience with industry knowledge
- Skyword: Digital content provider+ content marketing software
- Contently: Content writers + manage content calendar ($250/article)
- Cloudpeeps.com: Dedicated marketplace for writers
- Copify: Hire great copywriters
- Hacker Rank: End to end Technical Recruiting platform
- Hackeearth: Innovation Solutions and Technical Recruitment
- Mettl: Recruitment Tests. Automated Tests. Recruitment.
- Leadpages: Buy landing page templates, run conversion tests. Pay per template.
- Instapage: Great landing page tool. Run A/B tests + Analytics. 30 day free trial
- Unbounce: Lot more templates, functionality. Free trial & then $99/month
- Launchrock: Simple landing page tool. Free. Limited templates.
- Javelin.com: Create landing page, do customer development, run ads
SOCIAL MEDIA AUTOMATION
- Hootsuite: Auto-schedule messages on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Buffer: Auto-schedule messages
AUTOMATION TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER
- IFTTT: If this then that. Setup triggers to make your life easier.
- Zapier: Similar to IFTTT. Setup triggers like add emails from google sheets to mailchimp directly
- UTM tracking/URL builder: Add UTM codes and track campaigns
Bitly: URL shortener. Track analytics on URL.
- Google Keyword Planner: See keywords being searched for on google
- Ubersuggest.Io: Gives your long tail keyword ideas
- Keywordshitter.com: Best tool for long tail keywords
- Moz tool bar: Provides domain ranking, page ranking and keyword analysis
- Ahrefs Tool Bar: Great for back links and keyword ideas (Recommended)
- Keywordtool.io: Alternative to google keyword planner
- Wordstream: Long tail keyword tool and negative keywords
- Hittail.com: Try for free. Long tail ideas
- Pro Writing Aid: Grammar check, plagiarism check, repetition check on google docs
- Grammarly: Gmail plugin, works outside of google docs. Grammar check.
- Wordable: Uploading content from google docs to WordPress directly. More here
- HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator.Tools for content ideas
- BuzzSumo: Content ideas by looking at competitors and trending content.
- Sumo.com KickAss Headline Generator: Looking to create catchy headlines
- Mailchimp: Good for newsletters, automation triggers, nice looking emails. Solo entrepreneurs
- Sumo.Me: Email sending, automated triggers, exit overlays. (Definite recommend)
- AWeber: Automation & segmenting. 14 day free trial, after $29/month.
- SendGrid: Email analytics, segmentation & automation. Start at $9.95. Very affordable
- Reallygoodemails.com: Templates of really good emails across categories
- GetResponse: Similar to mailchimpActiv Campaign: Setting up behavioral campaigns. Maybe the cheapest and most affordable option across all behavioral marketing tools
- Customer.io: Automate more timely Emails. Free for 400 email per month. $1250/month for 1 million emails.
- Hubspot: All in one Inbound Marketing Software
HELPFUL GMAIL TOOLS/PLUGINS FOR EMAIL MARKETING
- Streak: Awesome sales/CRM tool. Perfect for keeping track of leads
- Rapportive: Find someone’s email ID and their profile.
- Boomerang: Reminds you to follow up with someone
- Undo Send: You can find this under gmail settings
- YesWare: Tracking who has opened your emails
GET MORE VISITORS
- Content Amplification
- Outbrain: Appear on Sponsored posts on other content platforms.
- Taboola: Appear on recommended/sponsored post on other platforms.
- Google Adwords. Appear on sponsored ads with search results.
- Microsoft Bing: Show ads on bing search
- SEO: Quicksprout: Get a quick analysis of your site’s SEO.
- Pay for Tweets:
- Sponsored Tweets (IZEA): Pay an influencer to tweet
- Pay with a tweet: Give people access to your content for a tweet
- PR:PRWeb: Online press service
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Screaming Frog: Find website errors from an SEO standpoint
- Pingdom :Website Speed Test: Link for the website
- Exadium: If you want the title and meta description of your competitors to be scraped
- Ahrefs: Backlinks, competitor info, keyword analysis. My favorite tool.
- SEmrush.com: Keyword ideasMoZ: Tool bar to see difficulty score, back links and if you can rank for a keyword
GET MORE LEADS
- Hello Bar: A lead widget for your platform
- Sumo.Me: 20+ tools to get more email addresses & conversions.(Recommended for startups)
- Listbuilder: Exit overlay tool. Created by sumo.me
- UberFlip: Optimize your PDF’s to add social widgets, audio and video elements to make the content both interactive and measurable.
- Qwaya: AB Testing ads and Scheduling Ads. Starts at $149 a month
- AdEspresso: Clean easy to understand visual analytics. Customizable dashboard. Highly Recommended.
- Hootsuite Ads: Biggest name in the Industry. Create ads with as few as 2 clicks. Insights, Assistance and Ad Management features.
- Adroll: Retargeting for Facebook.
- Perfect Audience: Retargeting for Facebook
- Narrow.Io: Get more twitter followers
- Crowdfire: Who to follow? Crowdfire suggests the person
- Commun.It: Drive traffic and grow more followers
- Followerwonk: Twitter Analytics. Compare Users. Search Bios. Track Followers.
- Bitly: Shorten URL and track performance on Bitly dashboard. Free for most features.
- Hootsuite: Good for less than 5 Twitter Accounts. Freemium model.
- Social Drift: Grow your Instagram Followers using AI.
- Grum: Schedule Instagram Posts
- Owlmetrics: Get post and stories Metrics. Helps to understand the best time of the day to post.
- VSCO: Edit Images and Video. Available on IOS and Android.
- Later: Helps with storage and scheduling features. Chrome extension available. Bulk upload media.
- Woobox: All in one social media contest tool. HighlyRecommended.
- Canva: Edit media and create great looking designs.
- Linktree: Create multiple links using an intermediate landing page.
- Ink361: Manage content and keep an eye on competitors: Free for all.
- Juicer: Display curated series on Instagram posts on your website.
- Hubspot: Inbound marketing + automation. ~ $850/month
- Marketo: Marketing automation. ~ $900 onwards.
- Infusion Soft: CRM, Sales & Marketing Software. ~$200/month onwards
- ActiveCampaign: Might be the most affordable and closest to Hubspot
- Perfect Audience: Retarget people who visited your site on other channels.
- Adroll: Retargeting + Prospecting platform. Tied up with 25K followers
- Google Adwords Retargeting: Runs of traditional Google Adwords platform.
- Monitoring & Mentions
- Google Alerts: Monitor certain topics by setting up alerts
- Mention: Media monitoring
- Talkwalker: Social media analytics + monitoring tool
- Google Trends: See how a certain word is being searched across years
- Social Sentiment Analysis
- Fanpage Karma: Shows you what people are talking about
- Trello: Best project management tool ever. Free & highly customizable.
- Evernote: Good for notes, collaboration,
- Calendly.com: Schedule meetings directly on someone’s calendar
- IDoneThis: track your own progress, and understand what your team is working on.
- Slack: For messaging and having sub-channels for people to communicate
- Basecamp: Project Management software. Free for 30 days
- Wrike: All in one collaboration and project management. Free upto 5 users.
- Todoist: Maybe one of the best to-do tools in town.
- Zapier: Created automated triggers to be more productive. Ability to connect 300+ apps
- IFTTT: Automated triggers to be more productive. Nice UI.
- Rapportive: Get to know someone’s email address.
Streak: Sales CRM within gmail.
Boomerang: Get reminded to follow up with emails.
Crystal: Tells you how to write an email to someone
- Overall User Behavior
- Google Analytics: A must. Free for almost most features.
- Actual User Behavior
- HotJar: Heatmaps, visitor recordings, conversion funnel.(Recommended)
- Kissmetrics: Startups which are B2C focused and have a budget.
- Mixpanel: Visitor recordings, conversion funnel, A/B testing, notifications
- Segment.IO: Another interesting toolFlurry: Another user behavior tool
- Heat Maps & Live Recordings
- Crazy Egg/Inspectlet: Recording live sessions. Heat Maps.
- Session Cam: Live recordings of mouse movements
User Feedback (Qualitative)
- Google forms: Can embed in email also. Create surveys. Get analytics.
- Survey Monkey: Can target certain demographic. Get Analytics
- Survey.IO: Similar to the above two. Get analytics.
- Qualaroo: Get Net Promoter Score, Measure product market fit.
- Peek.Usertesting.com: Anonymous person gives feedback for 5 min. Free.
- Xtensio.com/user-persona: Create customer personas. On point.
- HubSpot’s buyer personas: Create personas
- Uxpressia: Customer journey maps, Impact maps, and Personas.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- The Fascination of FusionCharts : Charting their Marketing Growth. - December 6, 2018
- How To Get A Digital Marketing Job? -Tips and Tricks - September 27, 2018
- How To Use Twitter For Business Checklist? - September 20, 2018